NIC Haryana Team Honored by State Election Commission, Haryana
A half day Conference of all DIOs of NIC-Haryana, Dy. Commissioners of 07 districts of Haryana, where General Elections to Municipal Corporations of Haryana were held on 2nd June 2013, was organized by the Haryana State Election Commission on 12th August at Chandigarh, to deliberate on the extensive usage of ICT in Election Process. The conference was Chaired by State Election Commissioner Haryana, Sh. Dharam Vir, IAS (Retd.) and it was also attended by Chief Electoral Officer of Haryana, Officers of State Election Commission, NIC-Haryana team, DIOs and DCs.
Sh. Dharam Vir, the State Election Commissioner honored the officers of NIC Haryana for ICT support and ITeS provided to the commission during, the general elections to the 07 Municipal Corporations.
The NIC Haryana team, including DDG and SIO Sh. Ghan Shyam Bansal, Election Project Coordinator Sh. Pardeep Kaushal, TD NIC, DIOs and ADIOs of Hisar, Ambala, Yamunanagar, Kurukshetra, Karnal, Panipat, Rohtak, Panchkula were honored with Certificates of Appreciation.
NIC Haryana had provided following services to the commission during Municipal Corporations General Elections 2013.
1. Development of software for SMS based e-dashboard and election results information system.
2. Preparation of ward wise Voter lists and Printing of Voter slips with photo using latest ECI, Voters database as a base.
3. Uploading of GIS locations of all polling booths on web.
4. Handling of claims and objections through the use of Harsamadhan.
5. Web based voter helpline by uploading MC wise electoral roll on web.
6. Know Your Candidate (KYC) web application.
7. Database creation of polling staff.
8. Duty assignment and randomization of poll staff and EVMs
9. ICT support to District Administration and ROs at District level.
10. Provision of NICNET services for data transmission.
11. Provision of infrastructure support at NIC Data Centre.
During the function, Sh. Dharam Vir, State Election Commissioner, lauded the efforts of entire NIC team, for the development and implementation of various ICT applications which helped a great deal in conduct of elections in a free, fair and transparent manner.
The SEC, particularly praised the SMS based e-Dashboard application which was developed for polling day and counting day monitoring of polls. The dashboards provided complete overview of the elections to the administration, media and general public on web, for which a special web site was launched, ( http://mcelections.nic.in ). Data on this web site was updated through SMS, from polling booths on poll day and counting centers on counting day.
Sh. Srikant Walgad, IAS, the Chief Electoral Officer Haryana, also showed keen interest in the application and desired to implement the same in forthcoming Parliamentary & Assembly Elections in the state.